Using open ended and recycled materials to inspire boys learning.
This professional development session will explore how we can use interesting reclaimed materials to engage boys in learning.
Reclaimed and industrial materials can be a powerful provocation to stimulate interest for boys. We can use them to inspire projects which will interest and engage them and through this developed interest weave in other necessary areas of learning.
We will draw on our successful project Inspiring Literacy which saw primary school children inventing with recycled materials as a stimulus for literacy development.
We view creativity as an approach rather than a subject and believe it is an approach that can be applied to all areas of learning.
- Welcome and networking
- An introduction to the creative approach
- Inspiration from Reggio Emilia
- Project case study: How we used reclaimed materials as a provocation for boys learning in literacy
- Workshop: tuning into our own creativity
- 6 Ideas to take away and try
- Planning for change: time to develop a short and medium term plan to take back to your setting